quarta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2007

Os Ruis Santos deles são algo diferentes dos nossos

"At this point, I have a confession to make. I am one of the voters Blair worried about – one that equates organised religion with institutionalised lunacy. I do not want a man with his finger on the trigger who thinks that we are going to a better place; indeed, I feel that it is best for us all if the leader responsible for choosing the road to peace or war believes that all that death holds is lifeless eternity in a cold, dark hole in the ground and what happens here is all we are.

I don’t want religion from politicians, I don’t even want it from doctors. I changed surgeries because there were too many posters going up in the waiting-room offering religious counselling in times of crisis. I am not comfortable when the person who checks me over operates with a safety net. I don’t want him believing that if he misses a tumour or a murmur, I end up in a better place fishing for sticklebacks with my grandad. I want my doctor to believe that one mistake blows it for me, too."


Joey Barton must take a look in mirror for salvation, Martin Samuel (The Guardian, 5.12.2007)



Mais Martin Samuel sobre futebol aqui.